In-vitro fertility treatment or IVF in India has paved the way to happiness for infertile people from all over the world. The cost of infertility treatment runs into tens of thousands of dollars in the West, which makes it unattainable for the hundreds beleaguered with infertility. However, in India it is easily affordable.
The table compares the cost of ivf in India with America, Britain, Australia, and the Middle East. Clearly, the cost of IVF in India is significantly lower, and even after factoring in your travel and lodging costs, you will be able to save quite a lot.
What is In-vitro Fertilization?
Before you head to India for ivf, you must know what the procedure entails. In normal pregnancy; there is fusion between female egg and male sperm. This fusion, known as fertilization, normally occurs in fallopian tubes in the female reproductive system. However, in IVF this fusion occurs in a test-tube (hence the babies born by this procedure are called test tube babies) in a laboratory. It is an artificial reproductive technique.
After fertilization, these pre-embryos are allowed to divide a few times and are then returned to the mother’s uterus for normal growth. IVF in India, being cheap and easily available, attracts a lot many foreigners.
The steps involved are:
- Egg and sperm retrieval
- Embryo culture & transfer
- Superovulation: drugs are used to stimulate ovaries for the development of more than one cell. The growth of follicles is carefully monitored with the help of either blood or urine tests.
- Egg harvesting: when follicles are mature enough for ovulation, an injection of human chorionic gonadotropin (H.C.G) is given. After a period of 30-36 hours after injection, eggs are retrieved. Methods of egg retrieval:
a. Laparoscopy: carried under general anaesthesia using fine needles.
b. Ultrasound guided probing: hollow needle is guided through the vagina to the follicles with the help of ultrasound image and the follicles are aspirated. This is done under local anaesthesia and mild sedation. This is the preferred method.
- Fertilization: eggs are incubated in a special culture medium to ensure proper maturation. Then, sperms are added for fertilization to take place. It takes place in approximately 24 hours.
- Embryo culture: Embryos are cultured for 2-5 days and then they are transferred to the mother’s uterus for normal growth. The embryos suspended in tiny droplets of fluid are guided through the vagina using a catheter with the help of ultrasound. Babies conceived through IVF are no different to babies conceived by natural methods.
IVF Success Rates
The highly competent surgeons at Jannee are able to match the average success rates of IVF across the world.
- For females of age group 30-34, it is around 40%- 45%
- For those who are above 35, the success is around 30% to 35%
- And it is 15% for females above the age of 40
If you are having a difficulty in conceiving and want to enjoy the beautiful sentiment of parenthood, consider coming to India where you can get the infertility treatment of international standards at extremely low prices. Coming to India for ivf will also provide you a chance to enjoy the hospitality of the country and indulge in a great travel experience.
*Price does not include the cost of sperm/egg donation. Prices are subject to change without any prior notice.
Please fill-out the form on the right to get in touch with us regarding the current specials for IVF in India.